sonny Malone: Getting E2 F2 errors on the the screen had it less than a year any idea what I can do?
courtney collins: I have had my Whirlpool Gold for just 3 short months. It was great in the beginning but now always has water remaining where the filter is at and the dishes are not drying . The silverware drawer that is connected to the door doesn't get the silverware very clean and it is also always still wet. I had my previous dishwasher for 15 years and was just upgrading my appliances to stainless . I am VERY disappointed with this dishwasher.
Christine Ricart: The silverware rack is the WORST I have ever seen. Who wants to handle the dirty end of the silver on loading and the clean tip on unloading??? Does not clean well either. BAD design! And do not get me started on the bottom rack that I can only load 1/2 full due to crazy tine placement. Makes me long for my cheapie Fridgidaire!!
BroccoliBeefed: Whatever you do people, please don't buy this dishwasher or any dishwasher Whirlpool makes (Nutid, Renlig, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Whirlpool, Estate, Amana, Kenmore)
1. Rack wheels will disintegrate and fall off
2. Silverware rack in door is the dumbest thing. You'll hate it
3. Within 2 years or so it will start redepositing food debris on dishes. (Sani-Rinse just bakes that stuff on harder) :\
4. They don't last. Within 4 years, you'll want a new dishwasher. By this time it won't clean well
BroccoliBeefed: Some people have a lot of plastic dishware - not a good idea for dishwashers. They won't dry, and they have a tendency to flip over. Glass and ceramic work much better in dishwashers
Jerome Davis: I'm very disappointed with Whirlpool. They've done away with the hard food disposer models. My mmom has a Kenmore dishwashe, which is a rebranded Whirlpool dishwasher. It too has the filtration ssystem. I just normal and heat dry. Dishes come out clean. Heat dry is weak.
Jeff Willener: We generally pre-rinse and the filters after four months of use are still clean. Here is what manual says:
* 1 - 3 loads per week, scrape dishes only - twice per year, scrape and rinse - once per year.
* 4 - 7 loads per week, scrape dishes only - every 4 months, scrape and rinse - once per year.
* 8 - 12 loads per week, scrape dishes only - every 2 months, scrape and rinse - every 4 months.
Dave Garofalo: Thanks! Oh, one other thing, how often do you have to clean that filter at the bottom of the dishwasher?
Jeff Willener: Every now and then with items which don't weigh much, small tupperware for example. So generally no, but that could be how we load the dishwasher by placing heavier items on top of or against those lighter items. I've been using this now since January 2013 and I'm still quite pleased. It's quiet and still cleans very well.
Dave Garofalo: I have a problem with my current dishwasher where the cups flip over and fill with water--drives me crazy. Do you have a problem with cups flipping over?
Whirlpool Gold Dishwasher, WDT710PAYM Review5
out of 5